Create MEID Account and Apply for Admissions
- Provide proof of identity to the college at which you applied.
- For tuition purposes, verify your residency status by providing a government issued ID.
- Submit prior education (if applicable) i.e. high school and/or college/university official transcript.
- Undecided on a major? Connect with Counseling and Career Services at your college.
- Visit the campus to familiarize yourself with the services and resources.
- Complete the FAFSA and scholarship applications at: maricopa.edu/paying-for-college.
Take the Placement Test
Prepare, Study, and Schedule Test
- Prepare by reviewing the sample questions at https://maricopa.edu/testing.
- Placement test will ensure appropriate level of classes for enrollment.
- The Placement Test is not a pass/fail exam.
- The Placement Test is untimed and FREE.
- Bring your government issued photo ID on the day of testing.
- To review your test score results, ask for a Course Placement Chart.
Seek Academic Advisement
- Advisors will help with identifying courses and creating an Educational Plan to meet your academic goals.
- Meet with an advisor every semester prior to class registration.
- Advisement sessions may vary from college to college.
- Services available in-person, via telephone, email, and more.
- Ask your advisor about college success classes, associate degrees, certificates, transfer options, resources, and services.
Register for Classes
- Register for classes early to ensure the best schedule, maximize financial aid options, and to get prepared for a successful semester.
- Know when your tuition is due.
Note: Current students should update personal information before enrolling for the following semester.
Attend New Student Orientation
- All new to college students must attend New Student Orientation. Research shows that those who participate, have higher rates of attaining their goals.
Pay Tuition and Fees
Explore Payment Options
- Monitor your Student Center for current balance and pay on or before due date.
- Explore paying for college at maricopa.edu/paying-for-college.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at fafsa.gov.
- Explore college websites for scholarships, such as the Presidents’ Scholarship and more.