Adult Basic Education (ABE) Transition Services
The ABE Transition Program at GateWay Community College provides effective, accessible and responsive opportunities that will empower learners with the skills and confidence to pursue their goals and to fully participate in the local community through English language instruction, seamless transition from adult basic education to college courses, and the development of a career path.
- Educate and advise learners as to the wide the range of career paths in occupational degree and certificate programs as well as college transfer programs offered at GateWay Community College and the Maricopa Skill Center
- Assist learners to better identify and assess their career goals
- Prepare students for entry into career track or academic program, or to advance in their current careers
- Work in partnership with businesses, community organizations, and schools to address English language and other educational needs
- Create a supportive environment which facilitates learning and builds confidence
- Development of a career pathway
- Goal setting
- Campus tours
- Assist with Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) process
- Assist with admission process
- Assist with assessment/placement tests
- Provide general advisement
- Register for college classes
These services are available to ABE, Adult re-entry, and foreign-educated healthcare professionals and community members. Financial aid is accepted and limited scholarship assistance is available to those who qualify.
For registration or general questions, please call (602) 286-8575
Fall and Spring
Monday & Friday:
8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Tuesday - Thursday:
8:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Monday - Thursday:
7:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.