Association of Respiratory Care Students (ARCS)
The purpose of this organization is to disseminate valuable information to students in the Respiratory program, other allied health programs and the community at large. The club organizes projects and events pertaining to pulmonary health care and well-being, including promoting smoking prevention and pulmonary health awareness.
ARCS also serves as a social group to help Respiratory Care students succeed in college and create social bonds among each other and with other students at GateWay.
Learn more about our Respiratory Care program.
Who Can Join?
All students in the Respiratory Therapy program are members. For information on becoming an active member, contact any faculty advisor or club member.
Meetings are held in the Health Sciences area throughout the academic year. For information regarding upcoming meetings, contact any faculty advisor.
Club members participate in a variety of activities, including:
- Displaying information on campus for Alcohol Awareness Week, noting the respiratory effects of alcohol on the body as part of a national campaign
- Coordinating events for Respiratory Care Week, highlighting respiratory therapist careers
- Promoting the Great American Smokeout to inform students and staff about the effects of smoking and lung health
- Offering support to help people quit smoking
- Adopting a family for the holiday season
- Participating in Health Care in the Park in conjunction with Scottsdale Health Care and Maricopa Tobacco Prevention