Behavioral Health Informatics
GateWay Community College modified the HITECH curriculum for behavioral health practitioners.
- Trains behavioral health workers on the Meaningful Use of Health Information Technology,
- Provides a foundation for behavioral health to communicate via Health Information Exchanges with primary care,
- Addresses how Health Information Technology can add value and assist in the integration of behavioral health and primary health service delivery models, and
- Provides preparation for Certified Healthcare Technology Specialist (CHTS) competency exams
Online Cohorts Begin Fall 2014
GateWay’s Behavioral Health Informatics program will address issues cited in HIMSS White Paper “The Value of Health Information Technology in Behavioral Health: A Health Information Exchange Focus”.
GateWay's Behavioral Health Informatics program uses a variety of readily available online training resources created by healthcare, consulting and professional organizations that are focused on Healthcare Information Technology (HIT) and improving the current healthcare system. By integrating these numerous online resources with the Office of National Coordinators (ONC) HIT curriculum, delivered in an interactive instructor-led discussion, participants will become familiar with various aspects of HIT and quality improvement resources as well as be prepared to take the Certified Healthcare Technology Specialist (CHTS) exam.
Online resources for independent, self-paced study
GateWay offers online, instructor based discussions, preparing you for the national Certified Healthcare Technology Specialist (CHTS) exam. This is a 12-week Behavioral Health focused, instructor led training, totaling 60 hours of online training, 5 hours per week.
Nationally recognized Certified Healthcare Technology Specialist (CHTS) exam. Each Exam is 125 questions:
- Clinician/Practitioner Consultant (CHTS-CP)
- Implementation Manager (CHTS-IM)
- Practice Workflow & Information Management Redesign Specialist (CHTS-PW)
- Technical/Software Support Staff (CHTS-TS)
Degrees & Certificates
- Certificate of Completion in Management of Clinical Information Technology: Clinical Technology Consulting
- Certificate of Completion in Management of Clinical Information Technology: Implementation Management
- Certificate of Completion in Management of Clinical Information Technology: Practice Workflow and Information Management Redesign
- Certificate of Completion in Management of Clinical Information Technology: Health Information Technology Technical Support
For information about careers in your area of study, visit O*NET OnLine for detailed job descriptions, education requirements, wage and employment trend information.
Accreditation is a process used to measure and certify the credibility and quality of services offered by an organization.
GateWay is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Why should you choose an accredited school?
Although many schools offer seemingly similar degree and certification options, not all schools are accredited. In many instances, accreditation of the degree or program you complete may be required in order to become certified to work in the field.