Bricklaying and Tilesetting Apprenticeship
Bricklaying and Tilesetting involves the installation of brick and tile on both interior and exterior building projects. Tasks often vary in complexity and can include building and repairing walls, floors, partitions, chimneys, fireplaces and other similar structures.
Workers often start out as Apprentices, working their way up to full Journeyman status with the eventual opportunity to become supervisors or business owners. Journeymen will often specialize in a certain aspect of the trade and many are self-employed.
Bricklayers and Tilesetters must be dependable, have a strong work ethic and possess basic skills in math and drawing.
Degrees & Certificates
- Associate in Applied Science Degree in Construction Trades: Bricklaying
- Certificate of Completion in Construction Trades: Bricklaying and Tilesetting
For information about careers in your area of study, visit O*NET OnLine for detailed job descriptions, education requirements, wage and employment trend information.
Contact the Phoenix Bricklaying and Tilesetting Joint Apprenticeship Committee at (602) 273-7571 for complete details.
Applicants must meet ALL of the following minimum requirements for program consideration:
- Must be 18 years of age before apprenticeship employment.
- Must have your own transportation.
- Must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States as appropriate to federal laws.
- Must have at least 8 years of education or the equivalent.
- Must be physically capable of performing the work of trade to be learned.
Accreditation is a process used to measure and certify the credibility and quality of services offered by an organization.
GateWay is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Why should you choose an accredited school?
Although many schools offer seemingly similar degree and certification options, not all schools are accredited. In many instances, accreditation of the degree or program you complete may be required in order to become certified to work in the field.