Center for Teaching and Learning
The mission of the Center for Teaching and Learning is to foster a safe, creative and collaborative environment that supports student success by promoting teaching excellence and professional growth for all faculty.
- Foster educational insights that lead to increased student academic achievement.
- Provide an environment for information sharing with faculty.
- Offer networking opportunities for all faculty that build a sense of community and collaboration.
- Provide technology support and training to enhance teaching and learning.
- Work with faculty to develop sound and appropriate assessment practices.
- Encourage classroom ‘research’ into new instructional strategies, method, and innovations.
- Facilitate and encourage professional development of all faculty.
Training and Events
The Center for Teaching and Learning hosts events for all GateWay and Maricopa Skill Center employees. You are invited to join us and participate in any of the workshops and activities, including Title V Book Club; educational documentary movies; roundtables where various topics are presented and discussed; IT Department Technology Chats; discussions with President Steven Gonzales and much more. See upcoming training and events!
Policy and Procedures
It is recommended that faculty become familiar with the MCCCD and GateWay resources that are available. The following resources provide help with student issues, employee benefits and Human Resource Department questions.
Understand the travel regulations or obtain the necessary travel forms before traveling to an upcoming conference or seminar using the links below.
Mileage Reimbursement Form
MCCCD Travel Administrative Regulations
MCCCD Travel Annual Acknowledgement & Disclosure
Travel Authorization Form
MCCCD Travel International Forms
Travel Reimbursement Form
Travel Reimbursement Rates
This multimedia resource for community college faculty will challenge your previous thinking about teaching and learning and give you the basic tools for effective classroom practice. The key theme of the course is to encourage you to focus on what the students will do and take responsibility for their success.