The purposes of the Gateway Community College Faculty Senate shall be to:
- Serve as the exclusive representative of the GateWay Community College faculty of the college administration in academic and professional matters and policy development.
- Advise the College President on matters of importance to the college and faculty; promote communication, collaboration, and education among the faculty and between the faculty and other groups.
- Maintain and promote the standards and ideals of the profession.
- Serve as the voice of the faculty in shared governance.
- To select representatives to serve on administrative councils and on coordinating committees of the faculties of the college and district.
- Protect and preserve academic freedom.
- Participate in the formation and implementation of educational policies for the college and the district.
- Provide an open forum for the free discussion of academic and professional issues.
Faculty Senate Members
Ilene Borze RN, M.S., CEN - email@example.com
Peter Zawicki, PT, MS - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mario Castaneda - email@example.com
Suzanne Clifford MSN/ED, RN - firstname.lastname@example.org
Ellen Cummings - email@example.com
Patricia Edgar M.Ed., RMR, CRI - firstname.lastname@example.org
Heidi Hutchins, MBA, MHSA - email@example.com
Peter Melenovich PhD, RN, CCRN, CNE - firstname.lastname@example.org
Susan Mills - email@example.com
Charlene Thiessen, MEd, CMT, AHDI-F - firstname.lastname@example.org
Monica Wadsworth-Seibel, B.S., M.Ed. - email@example.com
Douglas Walker - firstname.lastname@example.org
Frank Zamora M.Ed. - email@example.com