Health Employment Readiness Education (HERE)
The HERE program at GateWay Community College is a program developed for foreign-educated health professionals
The HERE program provides resources and career pathways for foreign-educated health professionals who are seeking re-entry in the health profession, but need the credentials to get started. This will be accomplished by providing educational case management services over the course of one year, linking individuals to employment opportunities in the interim, providing volunteer and experiential learning opportunities to ensure they are well prepared, and following up with individuals on a monthly basis.
Referral/Engagement/Orientation/Education Case Management
- Referral to the HERE program via agency, sponsorship or self
- Initial Engagement: assess current knowledge, skills and abilities as they relate to health career and needs
- Education Inventory/ Assessment
- Develop a SMART (Specific, Measureable, Achievable, Realistic and Time Defined) Plan that clearly identifies the steps, resources and short/long-term goals
Individuals eligible for services through the HERE program must meet the following criteria:
- Sponsored by an agency/organization/individual with an agreement on file
- Self-sponsored (willing and able to self pay fees for service)
- Seeking employment/education for health careers (entry level and advanced)
- Meets basic English proficiencies
Fall and Spring
Monday & Friday:
8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Tuesday - Thursday:
8:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Monday - Thursday:
8 a.m. - 6 p.m.