Since 1986, the Inter-Tribal Club has been the Native American student association on campus, serving both Native and Non-Native American students in preparation of tribal scholarships and promotion of college retention and recruitment. The club's purpose is to maintain and to promote Native American culture, heritage and traditions among students throughout the college experience.
Who Can Join?
The only requirement of club membership is that one must be a registered student at GateWay. There are no clubs fee to join.
Meetings are held twice each month, and more frequently when an event is being planned. Contact the Student Life Office at (602) 286-8700 for more information.
Club members participate in a variety of activities, including:
- Adopting a highway
- Attending the MCCCD Native American Student Association banquet
- Celebrating Native American Month in November
- Adopting a family for the holiday season
- Attending the MCCCD Native American spring convocation
- Attending the Gathering of Nations Pow-Wow
- Co-sponsoring fundraisers with other clubs on campus
- Working to promote the Hoop of Learning bridge program
- Promoting the POWER Hoop program
Mario Tsosie: President