Management of Clinical Information Technology
Management of Clinical Information Technology (McIT) involves the process of converting hard copies of information in medical practices to electronic health records (EHRs).
Responsibilities of a Clinical Information Technology professional in this setting vary, and may include:
- Hardware selection and installation
- Software selection and installation
- Workflow design
- Training others
- Communications and interpersonal skills
Degrees & Certificates
- Associate in Applied Science Degree in Management of Clinical Information Technology
- Certificate of Completion in Clinical Technology Consulting
- Certificate of Completion in Health Information Technology Implementation Support
- Certificate of Completion in Health Information Technology Technical Support
- Certificate of Completion in Health Information Technology Training
- Certificate of Completion in Implementation Management
- Certificate of Completion in Practice Workflow and Information Management Redesign
For information about careers in your area of study, visit O*NET OnLine for detailed job descriptions, education requirements, wage and employment trend information.
Accreditation is a process used to measure and certify the credibility and quality of services offered by an organization.
GateWay is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Why should you choose an accredited school?
Although many schools offer seemingly similar degree and certification options, not all schools are accredited. In many instances, accreditation of the degree or program you complete may be required in order to become certified to work in the field.