All college students and employees operating a motor vehicle on college property must comply with the following:
- Register the vehicle.
- Secure a current parking permit.
- Display the parking permit on the vehicle.
Parking permits may be obtained in the Public Safety building from 8:00am - 8:00pm, Monday - Friday. Permits are free of charge.
- Applicants must provide a valid driver's license and license plate number of the vehicle to be registered.
- All vehicles must pass Arizona state emissions tests.
- Parking permits must be permanently affixed on the front inside or the lower left back side of driver's windshield.
- On motorized cycles, the permit shall be affixed where it can be seen without difficulty on the front fender or fork.
- Temporary permits shall be placed on the dashboard or rear view mirror so they are easily visible from the outside.
- Short-term parking may be used to conduct business in a college facility for a set time limit.
- Parking in a disabled parking space is allowed only with a designated permit issued by the state of Arizona.
- Red curbs indicate no-parking zones. Parking in red zones, entrances to buildings, driveways, in front of garbage dumpsters, fire lanes, and fire hydrants is prohibited.
- Driving and/or parking in areas not designated for use is prohibited.
- Blocking pedestrian paths, sidewalks, crosswalks, striped safety zones and bicycle paths is prohibited.
- Impeding or obstructing properly parked or moving vehicles is prohibited.
- Parking motorized bicycles is allowed in designated areas only.
- Vehicle operators must park within the space lines.
- In diagonal spaces, vehicles must be parked facing the center line. Driving through or backing into diagonal spaces is not allowed.
The maximum speed limit in all college parking lots is 10 mph.
Driving vehicles or bicycles on pedestrian paths and sidewalks is prohibited.
- Accidents involving vehicles on college property must be reported to Public Safety.
- All Arizona State laws governing the movement and operation of motor vehicles are adopted by the MCCCD Governing Board for the control of vehicles on college property.
Violations & Fines
- Violating disabled parking stall or access - $50.00
- Parking in a fire lane - $50.00
- Removing a barricade or failure to obey a vehicle control device - $15.00
- Parking in an unauthorized parking area - $25.00
- All other parking violations - $5.00
- Improperly displaying a parking permit - $5.00
- Failure to register a vehicle and display a parking permit - $30.00
- Falsifying information on the registration application - $50.00
All fines are doubled if not paid within 15 working days of the date issued. Persons violating regulations are also subject to:
- Institutional discipline
- Vehicle towing
- Withdrawal or suspension of parking privileges
- Encumbrance of records
- Oral or written reprimands
College students and employees have first priority to parking spaces.
If you experience a parking problem, contact a Public Safety officer during regular business hours by calling (602) 286-8911.