Phi Theta Kappa
GateWay supports the local Alpha Alpha Epsilon Chapter of Phi Theta Kappa. The Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) student organization provides many opportunities for involvement and leadership for two-year colleges through the International Honor Society. Visit www.ptk.org to learn more about the many benefits of being an esteemed member of PTK.
Who Can Join?
Members are required to have completed 12 credit hours in college with a minimum G.P.A. of 3.5. Benefits of joining Phi Theta Kappa include:
- Academic excellence diploma and transcript designation
- Transfer scholarship eligibility only available to PTK members
- Phi Theta Kappa graduation regalia
- Scholarship, educational program and employment advantages
To join, complete the following steps:
- Complete a Phi Theta Kappa Membership Application
- Obtain an unofficial transcript.
- Submit application and supporting documents to PTK advisor Theresa J. Frimel in CH-2031.
- Pay a one-time $75 membership fee and keep a signed copy of the deposit form for your records.
Applications are accepted twice a year in August and January. If accepted, you will be invited to an induction ceremony. Family and friends are welcome to attend. You will receive your official certificate and pin by mail from PTK Headquarters.