Job Fair, Workshops Could Lead to Your Next Job
Companies Who Attended:
- A Caring Heart of Scottsdale – In-home caregivers
- Aid to Adoption of Special Kids – Caregivers, CNAs, nurses
- Art Institute of Phoenix – Pre-admissions and admission representatives
- Corning Gilbert Inc – Machinists and CMM Inspectors
- Grand Canyon University – Admissions representatives
- J-Curve Technologies – Customer support/light technical representatives
- Keller Electrical Industries – AC/DC Rotating Equipment Mechanics, AC Motor Winders, Field Industrial Instrumentation & Controls Technician, Industrial Electrical Service Superintendent, and more
- Panda Express – managers, assistant managers, shift supervisors, service and kitchen crew
- Progressive Insurance – Customer service representatives
- Revana – Inbound/outbound sales, business development, marketing, project management
- Sedona Learning Solutions – Electronic Medical Record go-live support staff, instructional designers, eLearning developers, and instructors
- SkyMall, Inc. – sales and support representatives
- State Farm – sales support, customer response center representatives
- Stratford Assisted Living – Caregivers, medication technicians
- Western International University – customer service representatives
Employers and job seekers convened at GateWay Community College Sept. 21 for its annual GateWay Job Fair. The event, organized by Career Services, took place from 9 a.m. to noon and included more than a dozen companies looking for qualified applicants for existing positions.
The job fair was the first event hosted by the Career Center in the new Integrated Education building, which has added to the excitement.
“It is a thrilling time for the Career Center,” said Jessica Brosilo, Career Services coordinator. “Our center has grown considerably and it’s the best way to show the community what we are about.”
The event was open to GateWay students as well as the community. The scope of potential jobs included several positions that are aligned with GateWay’s career paths including jobs in healthcare, business and manufacturing. In preparation to the event, one-on-one appointments for resume and mock interviews were available. Those interested in making future appointments for review can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tips for those interested in attending a Job Fair:
- Bring several copies of your resume
- Dress to impress (business attire)
- Do research on the companies that will be attending
- Ask informed questions during the job fair
- Be ready for a quick interview if needed
- Don’t forget you can arrive to GateWay by light rail or bus if needed
Coming up, the Career Center will be hosting a recruiting event for Amazon and Burlington Coat Factory. Those interested in attending are encouraged to apply directly as interviews will be scheduled for Burlington on Sept. 24-25 and on Sept. 26 for Amazon.
For more information on GateWay’s Career Center please visit: http://www.gatewaycc.edu/career-center.