Service-Learning is a teaching and learning method that connects meaningful community service with academic instruction through guided reflection.
Through Service-Learning you can:
- Develop critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Explore career options
- Grow socially and personally
- Strengthen your community
Get Involved: Partners
If you are interested in being a service-learning site:
- Fill out the Experiential Education Partnership Agreement form
Get Involved: Students
- Complete an Experiential Education Assumption of Risk form.
- Find an approved service-learning partner.
What is the difference between volunteering, internships and service-learning?
Volunteering is performing a service or good work, but it is not necessarily connected to classroom instruction.
Internships involve hands-on learning experiences but there may be little or no emphasis on service.
Service-learning focuses equally on the service being provided and the learning taking place. Service-learning meets a learning goal and involves reflection.