Providing Resources & Opportunities to Students Pursuing Educational Rewards (PROSPER) The TRiO-PROSPER SSS program supports academic development, assist students with basic college requirements and motivate students toward the successful completion of their post-secondary education.
TRiO PROSPER SSS help students in:
- Navigating the Online Student Center
- Developing an Individual Education Plan
- Learning study skills
- Securing admission and financial aid for enrollment in 4-year institutions, graduate and professional programs
- Visiting college campuses
- Applying for scholarships
- Guidance on career options
The goal of this program is to increase the college retention and graduation rates of its participants and help students make the transition from one level of higher education to the next.
To receive assistance, students must be accepted for enrollment in a program of post-secondary education at a grantee institution. Low income, first-generation college students, and those with academic disabilities are eligible to participate in TRiO-PROSPER SSS. Must be a United States citizen or have a permanent residency card.
Grant Aid is a student support services project that may provide aid to current participants receiving Federal Pell Grants.
All TRiO-PROSPER participants receive the following support services:
- A Student Graduation Plan (SGP) focusing on individual long-term goals.
- A Semester Evaluation examining semester progress to identify opportunities for success.
Program participants may consult with student support specialists for a variety of reasons, including:
- Course Selection
- Equipment Checkout
- Tutor Scheduling
- Campus Visits
- University Transfer
- Career Exploration Assistance
- Academic Mentoring
- Financial Aid Assistance
- Cultural Events
- Personal Support