GateWay's Vision, Mission, Goals & Values
GateWay Community College is a public institution of higher learning offering Associate Degrees, Certificates of Completion, continuing education courses and other educational services. Located in metropolitan Phoenix, the college has been serving the citizens of Maricopa County and Arizona since 1968. GateWay Community College is governed by the Maricopa County Community College District Governing Board.
GateWay Community College provides effective, accessible, and responsive educational services in a multicultural environment resulting in student development and success.
GateWay Community College, including the Maricopa Skill Center and GateWay Early College High School, in achieving the mission of the College, is committed to the following strategic goals and objectives:
- Access - Provide access to high-quality education for all students and strengthen educational pathways through increased educational and business partnerships.
- Retention - Improve the retention of students through the achievement of their education or training goals.
- Success - Increase the number of students who achieve their education or training goals, complete a degree or certificate, transfer to a university, and/or complete a workforce credential.
- Community Engagement - Enhance civic, social, and cultural engagement opportunities by serving as the community’s college.
- Entrepreneurism - Expand and leverage resources that enhance the college’s impact in the community through economic and workforce development.
- Stewardship - Strategically leverage, grow, and utilize resources to ensure student success, responsible stewardship, and sustainability
Students are the primary reason we exist. We value our diverse learning community and respect our students for their life experiences, their achievements, and we appreciate their contributions. For these reasons, GateWay is committed to the following values:
- Learning as a lifelong endeavor of growth and self-discovery.
- Diversity as a celebration of the unique richness that all individuals bring to our community and to the learning opportunity it provides.
- Service to students, to each other, and to the community.
- Teamwork as a commitment to working together toward student success.
- Integrity as an essential element in our learning environment. We strive to be honest, authentic, consistent, and respectful in our words and actions.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit as critical in accomplishing our mission and goals. Through calculated risk-taking, we see possibilities...not limitations.