GateWay Community College has built a legacy of innovation, pioneering vision and responsiveness to the needs of our community: the first technical college in Arizona; first to use community advisory committees; first to tailor courses to the needs of business and industry; first to offer classes at off-campus locations; even the first to install a computer. From a humble beginning in the former Korrick's Department Store downtown, Maricopa Technical College has flourished for 50 years into today's GateWay.
Another first for GateWay Community College is the integration of its Maricopa Skill Center division and alignment of the SouthWest Skill Center under the college, so now all clock programs are under one college. Now the college has three campuses and two extension sites:
- Central City Campus at 1245 E. Buckeye Road, Phoenix (formerly Maricopa Skill Center)
- Deer Valley Campus at 2931 W. Bell Road, Phoenix (formerly Maricopa Skill Center-Northwest)
- Surprise-GateWay Training Facility is a partnership between the City of Surprise and the GateWay Community College to hold Water Resource Technologies and Occupational Safety & Health classes.
- SouthWest Skill Center at 3000 N. Dysart Road, Avondale (formerly under Estrella Mountain Community College)
- Washington Campus at 108 N. 40th Street, Phoenix
Clock programs (consisting of the former Maricopa Skill Center as well as the SouthWest Skill Center programs) are now under the Trade and Technical Training Division.
Together, the college offers more than 160 degree, certificate, as well as trade, technical and workforce training options to fit your life, your budget and your goals for the future. It's no coincidence our motto is, "Education that works, so you learn more, live better."