GateWay Community College has built a legacy of innovation, pioneering vision and responsiveness to the needs of our community: the first technical college in Arizona; first to use community advisory committees; first to tailor courses to the needs of business and industry; first to offer classes at off-campus locations; even the first to install a computer. From a humble beginning in the former Korrick's Department Store downtown, Maricopa Technical College has flourished for nearly 50 years into today's GateWay.
Another first for GateWay Community College is the integration of its Maricopa Skill Center division. The two brands have come together under one college brand, with three campuses and two additional sites:
- Central City Campus at 1245 E. Buckeye Road (formerly Maricopa Skill Center)
- Deer Valley Campus at 2931 W. Bell Road (formerly Maricopa Skill Center-Northwest)
- Surprise Communiversity Campus is a temporary facility that houses some of our Beauty and Wellness programs open only to high school students through a partnership with West-MEC.
- Surprise-GateWay Training Facility is a partnership between the City of Surprise and the GateWay Community College to hold Water Resource Technologies and Occupational Safety & Health classes.
- Washington Campus at 108 N. 40th Street
Maricopa Skill Center programs are now referred to as Trade and Technical Training programs and are clock-hour based, rather than credit hour.
Together, the college offers more than 160 degree, certificate, as well as trade, technical and workforce training options to fit your life, your budget and your goals for the future. It's no coincidence our motto is, "Education that works, so you learn more, live better."