Dr. Andy Lenartz has worked for the Maricopa Community Colleges since 2005 in a variety of administrative, managerial, and Faculty roles. With a primary background in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Dr. Lenartz is a reformed workplace productivity consultant currently making amends with a focus on helping individuals, families, and organizations understand the importance of a connection with nature. Dr. Lenartz is the author of South Mountain Park and Preserve: A Guide to the Trails, Plants, and Animals in Phoenix's Most Popular City Park, set for release in Fall 2021.
Professional highlights include:
- Dedicated and experienced educator with experience in both the classroom and administration.
- Teaches several Psychology courses, including Intro to Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, and Developmental Psychology.
- Served 5 years as GWCC Honors Director.
- Has previously taught in additional areas including Human Resources Management and Leadership.
- Completion of an Ed.D. in Educational Leadership from Northern Arizona University.
- Completion of an M.S. in Applied Psychology, Industrial/Organizational Psychology emphasis from the University of Wisconsin - Stout.
- 15 years experience in the Maricopa Community College system, in a variety of administrative, managerial, and Faculty roles including Sr. HR Manager, Manager of the Organizational Analysis and CHRISP teams. Areas of expertise and experience include business process analysis, project management, and training.