Brandy Thompson started her career in the operating room at a local Level I trauma hospital in Phoenix and continues to work in the Operating Room on an as needed basis. She has been a residential faculty at GateWay since 2011 and is dedicated to students and patients working in surgical services areas. Her passion of teamwork, enthusiasm and positive energy to educate Surgical Techs, Central Service techs and Operating Room nurses continues to thrive to create excellent future healthcare professionals. Throughout her career, she has been member of a variety of professional organizations, including Association of Surgical Technology and Surgical First Assisting (AST), Board member of Arizona Association of Surgical Technology (AZAST), Lifetime member of Association of Operating Room Nurses (AORN) and International Association of Healthcare Central Services Material Management (IAHCSMM). Brandy earned her associate degree at Phoenix College, a Certificate of Surgical Technology from GateWay Community College, her BS in Nursing from Arizona State University, and her Master in Educational Leadership from Northern Arizona University, with honors.
Professional highlights include:
- Faculty at GateWay Community College since 2011.
- Served as an Operating Room Nurse at St. Joseph Hospital.
- Certified Surgical Technologist and served at a level one trauma center in 1994.
- M.Ed. in Leadership from Northern Arizona University.
- B.S. in Nursing from Arizona State University.
- A.A.S. in Surgical Technology Program and the Perioperative Program from GateWay Community College.
- Certification in Operating Room Nursing.