Laura Safa started teaching in 2014 at GWCC in the Physical Therapist Assistant Program. She graduated from the PTA program at GWCC in 1997 and worked in mostly outpatient orthopedics, treating patients and managing the operations of up to 13 clinics. She has her bachelor’s in healthcare management and will complete her master’s in Positive/Coaching Psychology in June 2021. She is passionate about reducing the risk of burnout among allied health students and professionals and completing a capstone project on this topic. Laura is very involved with the APTA national and local chapters and has served in various positions.
Professional highlights include:
- Faculty at GateWay Community College since 2014.
- Experience as a Physical Therapist Assistant in multiple settings including inpatient and skilled nursing, and 12 years of experience managing and directing multiple outpatient physical therapy clinics.
- PTA alternate caucus representative for the Arizona Physical Therapy Association.
- Philanthropy Liaison for the National Charity League.
- A.A.S. in Physical Therapist Assisting from GateWay Community College in 1997.
- B.A. in Healthcare Management from Ottawa University in 2015.