Luis “Danny” Vingochea received his Bachelor's degree in Mathematics in 1998 and his Master's in Education in 2006, both from Arizona State University. He has additionally completed graduate level math courses at NAU, from 2016 to 2018, in order to meet the HLC qualifications. Vingochea has been in the field of education for 23 years, previously teaching high school math for over 16 years, with over 10 of those years at Gateway Early College High School. He has been an adjunct math professor at Gateway for over five years (2011-2015), teaching MAT 082 and 091 night courses, before becoming full-time faculty Spring of 2016. Since then, He has taught MAT 081, 082, 085, 091, 092, 115, 121, 122, and 126 and is currently involved with several committees and campus organizations at GateWay. He is currently serving on Dev Ed RIT, Guided Pathways, GateWay Gives, the Commencement Committee, BRIDGE Academy, and the GIFT Committee and has also taken part in a number of hiring committees.
Professional highlights include:
- Teacher at GateWay Early College High School for more than 10 years.
- Adjunct math professor at GateWay Community College for more than five years.
- High school math instructor for more than 16 years.
- M.S. and B.S. from Arizona State University.
- Currently enrolled in graduate level math courses at Northern Arizona University.
Vingochea is originally from Tucson, AZ, but has been in the Phoenix area for over 25 years. His diverse set of experiences have allowed him to build a strong bond with the faculty, staff, administration, and students at GateWay.