The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Automotive Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Systems provides individuals with the technical knowledge and skills needed by automotive technicians specializing in the area of HVAC systems. The curriculum within this certificate aligns with the Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Automobile and Light Truck Certification A7 Test.
See program advisor for additional certificate offerings. An Associate in Applied Science (AAS) in Automotive Service is also available.
This program is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid.
Students must earn a grade of C or better for each course listed in the Required Courses area.
This pathway map will help you gain the expertise needed to:
- Demonstrate safe personal and workplace habits according to industry standards.
- Comply with federal, state and local regulations with respect to the handling, storage, recycling and disposal of hazardous and toxic materials.
- Locate and interpret appropriate service information.
- Apply industry relevant strategies to properly diagnose the root cause of customer reported concerns in automotive HVAC systems.
- Apply industry relevant procedures to properly repair automotive HVAC systems.
- Apply industry relevant procedures to properly service automotive HVAC systems.
- Prepare the vehicle for delivery to the customer according to industry standards.
- Use, maintain, and store automotive tools, equipment and workspace according to professional standards.
- Practice industry accepted ethical behavior.
- Demonstrate industry standard professionalism that includes dress, attendance, communication and customer service.
- Effectively communicate with diverse audiences orally, visually, and in writing.
- Demonstrate the ability to learn and adapt in an evolving technical environment.
Successful completion of this certificate may lead to employment in a variety of different occupations and industries. Below are examples of related occupations with associated Maricopa County-based annual median wages* for this certificate. Education requirements vary for the occupations listed below, so you may need further education or degrees in order to qualify for some of these jobs and earn the related salaries. Please visit with an academic advisor and/or program director for additional information. You can click on any occupation to view the detail regarding education level, wages, and employment information.
Automotive Master Mechanics
Automotive Service Technicians and Mechanics
Automotive Specialty Technicians
Electronic Equipment Installers and Repairers for Motor Vehicles
The following is the suggested course sequence by term. Please keep in mind:
- Students should meet with an academic advisor to develop an individual education plan that meets their academic and career goals. Use the Pathway Planner tool in your Student Center to manage your plan.
- The course sequence is laid out by suggested term and may be affected when students enter the program at different times of the year.
- Initial course placement is determined by current district placement measures and/or completion of 100-200 level course and/or program requirements.
- Degree and transfer seeking students may be required to successfully complete a MCCCD First Year Experience Course (FYE) within the first two semesters at a MCCCD College. Courses include FYE101 and FYE103. Course offerings will vary by college. See an academic, program, or faculty advisor for details.
Term 1 Term 1 Term 1
Students must earn a grade of C or better for all courses required within the program.
Course Sequence total credits may differ from the program information located on the MCCCD curriculum website due to program and system design.
This certificate is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid.
View MCCCD’s curriculum website for the Certificate of Completion in Automotive Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Systems (https://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm?id=137181).
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.