The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Automotive Manual Drive Train and Axles provides individuals with the technical knowledge and skills needed by automotive technicians specializing in the area of manual drive train and axles. The curriculum within this certificate aligns with the Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Automobile and Light Truck Certification A3 Test.
See program advisor for additional certificate offerings. An Associate in Applied Science (AAS) in Automotive Service is also available.
This program is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid.
Students must earn a grade of C or better for each course listed in the Required Courses area.
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|ASE131||Manual Drive Trains and Axles (4) OR|
|ASE131AU||Manual Drive Trains and Axles (4)||4|
- Demonstrate safe personal and workplace habits according to industry standards. (ASE131++)
- Comply with federal, state and local regulations with respect to the handling, storage, recycling and disposal of hazardous and toxic materials. (ASE131++)
- Locate and interpret appropriate service information. (ASE131++)
- Apply industry relevant strategies to properly diagnose the root cause of customer reported concerns in automotive manual drive train and axles. (ASE131++)
- Apply industry relevant procedures to properly repair automotive manual drive train and axles. (ASE131++)
- Apply industry relevant procedures to properly service automotive manual drive train and axles. (ASE131++)
- Prepare the vehicle for delivery to the customer according to industry standards. (ASE131++)
- Use, maintain, and store automotive tools, equipment and workspace according to professional standards. (ASE131++)
- Practice industry accepted ethical behavior. (ASE131++)
- Demonstrate industry standard professionalism that includes dress, attendance, communication and customer service. (ASE131++)
- Effectively communicate with diverse audiences orally, visually, and in writing. (ASE131++)
- Demonstrate the ability to learn and adapt in an evolving technical environment. (ASE131++)
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.