Students can obtain a Certificate of Completion by successfully completing the following courses with a grade of "C" or better. This course grouping should prepare the student to enter the automotive engine service area.
Students must earn a grade of "C" or better in all courses within the program.
This program is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid.
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|AUT103AA||Automotive Electrical Systems||6|
|AUT104AA||Automotive Fuel Systems||3|
|AUT105AA||Engine Performance and Diagnosis||3|
|AUT233||Computerized Engine Control Systems (3) OR|
|AUT210AA||Automotive Emission Systems (3)||3|
- Solve electrical problems using Ohm's Law. (AUT103AA)
- Demonstrate ability to read and understand electrical/vacuum diagrams and shop manuals. (AUT103AA)
- Use safety precautions in servicing electrical systems. (AUT103AA)
- Diagnose electrical problems. (AUT103AA)
- Repair and/or replace electrical components. (AUT103AA)
- Demonstrate proper use of electrical test equipment. (AUT103AA)
- Describe devices used to control emissions. (AUT103AA, AUT104AA)
- Describe basic principles of carburetion and trace circuits in selected carburetors. (AUT104AA)
- Describe fuel injection system and components. (AUT104AA)
- Diagnose and repair fuel injection system and components. (AUT104AA)
- Diagnose and overhaul selected carburetors to manufacturer's specifications. (AUT104AA)
- Explain the importance of maintenance and tune-up in the reduction of emissions. (AUT104AA)
- Interpret automotive oscilloscope patterns and their relationship to engine performance. (AUT105AA)
- Diagnose and improve engine performance and drivability based upon oscilloscope patterns. (AUT105AA, AUT210AA)
- Use engine analyzers for diagnosis and service of drivability complaints. (AUT233)
- Diagnose problems related to high or low emission readings. (AUT233, AUT210AA)
- Demonstrate proper and safe use of basic hand tools, cleaning and service equipment. (AUT103AA, AUT104AA, AUT105AA, AUT233, AUT210AA)
- Use service/specification/parts manuals in the maintenance and service of vehicles. (AUT103AA, AUT104AA, AUT105AA, AUT233, AUT210AA)
- Demonstrate the proper use of test equipment and precision measuring equipment. (AUT103AA, AUT104AA, AUT105AA, AUT233, AUT210AA)
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.