The Maintenance Technician: Apartments program is designed to provide training in the areas of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC/R) systems, electricity, plumbing, appliance, interior and exterior general repair. Students will have an opportunity to learn skills necessary to assess and solve problems quickly, based upon an understanding of program learning outcomes. The program provides students an opportunity to develop communication skills, performance skills, organizational skills and team collaboration skills.
Students must earn a grade of C or better in the program. This program prepares student to take the Certificate for Apartment Maintenance Technicians (CAMT) exam.
This pathway map will help you gain the expertise needed to:
- Understand apartment maintenance technician role in air conditioning, appliance, electrical, heating, and plumbing, repair and maintenance.
- Demonstrate knowledge, skills, and abilities related to air conditioning, appliances, electrical, heating, and plumbing.
- Perform air conditioning, appliance, electrical, heating, and plumbing repairs with ability and confidence.
- Understand make-ready maintenance.
- Practice principles of ethics and professionalism within the Apartment Maintenance environment.
Successful completion of this certificate may lead to employment in a variety of different occupations and industries. Below are examples of related occupations with associated Arizona-based annual median wages* for this program. Education requirements vary for the occupations listed below, so you may need further education or degrees in order to qualify for some of these jobs and earn the related salaries. Please visit with an academic advisor and/or program director for additional information.
Maintenance and Repair Workers, General
The following is the suggested course sequence by block. Please keep in mind:
- Students should meet with a navigator to discuss their academic and career goals.
- The course sequence is laid out by block and may be affected when students enter the program at different times of the year.
- This is a cohort program in which students progress through their course of study together in the required course sequence.
|Course Name||Requisites||Notes||Clock Hours|
|FMO101||Certificate for Apartment Maintenance Technicians (CAMT) Training: Maintenance and Repair||80|
|ESP160||CAMT Career Labs||48|
|FMO155||Apartment Maintenance Internship||172|
Students must earn a grade of ‘P’ or ‘C’ or better (depending on the course grading scale) for all courses required within the program.
Weekly hour requirements vary by program. Students should meet with a navigator to discuss these requirements further. Actual completion times may vary. A separate $15 Registration Fee will be charged per academic year.
This certificate is not eligible for Title IV Federal Financial Aid.
View MCCCD’s curriculum website for the Certificate of Competency in Maintenance Technician: Apartments (http://aztransmac2.asu.edu/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MCCCD.woa/wa/freeForm12?id=149427).
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.