The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Residential and Light Commercial Air Conditioning program is designed to provide training in the areas of Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVAC/R) systems, electricity, electronic controls and general repair. Students will have the opportunity to learn skills necessary to assess and solve problems quickly in emergency situations.
Students must earn a grade of C or better for all courses within the program.
In Required Courses area, the options for OSH105AA, OSH106AC or Proof of OSHA 30-hour card must be the in-person format.
Completion of District Placement Exam in Mathematics is required before the start of the Residential and Light Commercial Air Conditioning program.
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|BPC110||Computer Usage and Applications||3|
|FAC/HVA101||Refrigeration Applications and Components I||3|
|FAC/HVA101LL||Refrigeration Applications and Components I Lab||1|
|HVA103||Refrigeration Applications and Components II||3|
|HVA103LL||Refrigeration Applications and Components II Lab||1|
|HVA104||EPA Section 608 Technician Preparation and Certification (0.5) OR|
|Proof of EPA Certification 0-0.5|
|ELC/FAC/HVA105||Electricity for Industry||3|
|ELC/FAC/HVA105LL||Electricity for Industry Lab||1|
|HVA112||Heating and Air Conditioning||3|
|HVA112LL||Heating and Air Conditioning Lab||1|
|HVA143||Load Calculation and Duct Design||3|
|OSH105AA||Construction Safety (3) OR|
|OSH106AC||Industrial Safety (3) OR|
|Proof of OSHA 30 hour card (0)||0-3|
- Demonstrate computer skills. (BPC110)
- Analyze system design and operation of a refrigeration system. (FAC/HVA101, FAC/HVA101LL, HVA103, HVA103LL, HVA104)
- Analyze system design and operation of an air conditioning system. (ELC/FAC/HVA105, ELC/FAC/HVA105LL, HVA112, HVA112LL)
- Evaluate electronic devices specific to facilities maintenance. (ELC/FAC/HVA105, ELC/FAC/HVA105LL)
- Calculate heating and cooling loads based on the American Society of Heating, Refrigeration, and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE). (HVA143)
- Calculate duct sizes based on ASHRAE heating and cooling load calculations. (HVA143)
- Evaluate specific industrial safety or construction safety issues. (OSH105AA, OSH106AC)
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.