The following steps will help you through the dual enrollment process. Students who have previously taken College Classes (Returning Students), go to Step 3
Step 1. Get Admitted
In this step, you will...
- Create your Maricopa Enterprise ID (also known as MEID)
- Complete the admission application
- Submit proof of your identification
Step 2. Submit Parent/Guardian Responsibility and Consent for Students Under Age of 18 Form
- If you are under the age of 18, you and a parent/guardian must complete and sign the All-In-One form.
Step 3. Complete Personal Information Update
- As a student at Maricopa Community Colleges, you will be required to complete a Personal Information Update activity guide each semester to help us make sure we have your most current information.
- Steps for completing the Personal Information Update activity guide can be found here.
Step 4. Determine Placement
Our colleges now use multiple placement options to determine college course placement for students. Students planning to take English, Reading, and/or Math will be advised to register for the appropriate course(s) based on District-approved placement methods. To view the current placement chart, click here.
- High School Transcript
- ACT Score
- Placement Test
If you are under the age of 18 and enrolling in courses other than English, Reading, and/or Math you must meet one of the following:
- Composite score of 720 or more on the PSAT
- Composite score of 720 or more on the SAT
- Composite score of 12 or more on the ACT
- Proficient score or more on the ELA or MATH portions of the AzMERIT
- Completion of a college placement method
You can take placement tests free of charge at the GWCC Testing Center. A college student ID number and picture ID are required for testing. Prior to taking a placement test, please review these free resources, including sample questions, an essay guide, and a study app.
Step 5. Submit Registration Form
Complete the Dual Enrollment Registration Form and submit it to either your high school or directly to GateWay in the Student Success Center (MA1372). Be sure all forms are signed by both you and your parent or guardian and include the correct course numbers. Submitting incomplete registration forms may jeopardize your ability to participate in Dual Enrollment.
Submit Maricopa Grant Application (optional)
The Maricopa Grant program is offered to eligible Arizona high school students attending Maricopa Community Colleges in Dual Enrollment Programs. Only those with a lawful presence in the US may qualify for the Maricopa Grant.
Student recipients must demonstrate “financial need” by completing the Maricopa Grant Application for Dual Enrollment Students and providing documentation of household income using the most recent year’s signed income tax return, or copy of Tax Return Transcript from the parent or guardians. Financial need will be indicated if household income falls below 200% of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Poverty Guidelines.
Step 6. Pay Tuition & Fees
Cost is $85 (in-state) per credit* plus a $15 registration fee per semester. Payment is due upon registration; students will be dropped for nonpayment. Once you are enrolled, you may pay through one of the following options:
- Online at my.maricopa.edu - log in to your Student Center and click the "Payment Options" button in the Finances section. Paying online also gives you the option of signing up for a monthly payment plan.**
- In person at GateWay Community College.
- Over the phone: 602.286.8000; be ready to provide your student ID number and credit/debit card information.
**Separate payment plan needs to be set up each semester. There is a $20 fee for each semester a payment plan is created.