The following steps will help you through the dual enrollment process. Students who have previously taken College Classes (Returning Students), go to Step 2
Step 1. Create Your Student Account
- Complete the admission application
- Create your Maricopa Enterprise ID (MEID), student ID number and create Maricopa email. Write these down!
- Submit proof of your identification by uploading a photo ID (driver's license, Arizona ID card or passport)
- If you use a birth certificate for ID, please also provide a photo ID such as high school ID and submit via Student Identity Verification Form or in person at GateWay Community College
Step 2. Take the Necessary Placement Tests
Math and English courses require a qualifying ACCUPLACER placement test score in order to register. Please review the MCCCD Placement Chart for minimum test requirements. If you are enrolling in other academic courses (for example, Physics, History, Spanish), you must meet one of the following:
- Composite score of 93 or more on the PSAT
- Composite score of 930 or more on the SAT
- Composite score of 22 or more on the ACT
- Proficient score or more on the ELA or MATH portions of the AzMERIT
- Completion of the Reading college placement test
You can take placement tests free of charge at the GWCC Testing Center. A college student ID number and picture ID are required for testing. Prior to taking a placement test, please review these free resources, including sample questions, an essay guide, and a study app.
Step 3. Submit Registration Form
Complete the Dual Enrollment Registration Form, and submit it to either your high school or drop it off directly at GateWay in the Enrollment Services area (IE building). Be sure that all forms are signed by both you and your parent or guardian and include the correct course numbers. Submitting incomplete registration forms may jeopardize your ability to participate in Dual Enrollment.
Submit A Maricopa Grant Application (optional)
The Maricopa Grant program is offered to eligible Arizona high school students attending Maricopa Community Colleges in Dual Enrollment Programs. Recipients must demonstrate “financial need” by completing the Maricopa Grant Application for Dual Enrollment Students and providing documentation of household income using the most recent year’s signed income tax return or copy of Tax Return Transcript from the parent or guardian. Only those with a lawful presence in the US may qualify for Maricopa County Community College District scholarships.
Step 4. Pay Tuition
Cost is $85 (in-state) per credit* plus a $15 registration fee per semester. Payment is due upon registration; students will be dropped for nonpayment. Once you are enrolled, you may pay through one of the following options:
- Online at my.maricopa.edu - log in to your Student Center and click the "Payment Options" button in the Finances section. Paying online also gives you the option of signing up for a monthly payment plan.**
- In person at GateWay Community College – Washington Campus
- Over the phone: (602) 286-2877; be ready to provide your student ID number and credit/debit card information
*2018-2019 tuition rate applies after July 1, 2018.
**Separate payment plan needs to be set up each semester. There is a $20 fee for each semester a payment plan is created.
Step 5. Submit Financial Responsibility and Consent for Students Under the Age of 18 Form
If you are under 18 years of age, you and a parent/guardian must complete and sign the form.
Frequently Asked Questions & Program Links
We've compiled the following list of frequently asked questions in order to help expedite your search for information.