Electrical Technology involves the maintenance, installation, testing and connection of electrical systems. Electrical work takes place in factories, industrial buildings, residential properties and other facilities.
Learn how to work with the electrical systems of mechanical equipment used in businesses and industries.
Construction Electricians read blueprints to install and maintain a building's electrical system.
The job responsibilities of maintenance electricians depends upon the place of employment. Tasks include:
- Spending time performing preventative maintenance
- Inspecting and locating problems preventatively
- Laying the founding for electrical systems of high rise buildings
- Performing maintenance on a residential home
Maintaining a safe environment is the top priority of all types of electricians. This field requires using specialized knowledge in electricity, refrigeration, solid state electronic controls and safety.
Electricians are employed in all industries, including construction and maintenance. Many are self-employed. This program is designed to help students narrow their focus in becoming a specialist.
Associate of Applied Science in Electrical Technology: $6,290*
Certificate of Completion in Electrical Technology: $3,758*
Degrees & Certificates
- Associate in Applied Science in Electrical Technology
- Certificate of Completion in Electrical Technology - Commercial Wiring
- Certificate of Completion in Electrical Technology - Residential Wiring
- Certificate of Completion in Electrical Technology - Industrial Wiring
Accreditation is a process used to measure and certify the credibility and quality of services offered by an organization.
GateWay is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Why should you choose an accredited school?
Although many schools offer seemingly similar degree and certification options, not all schools are accredited. In many instances, accreditation of the degree or program you complete may be required in order to become certified to work in the field.