Paying for College
SUCCESS FROM DAY ONE
GateWay Community College supports and encourages student success and degree completion. Students who prepare financially are more successful in maintaining their progress toward course and program completion. Before you register for classes it is important that you understand how much money you will need for school, what kinds of aid are available to you, and how you will pay for school.
There are four elements that will affect how much money you need for school:
- Tuition and Fees
- Books and Supplies for each class
- Transportation to and from class
- Personal Living Expenses (such as food and rent)
Use the Net Price Calculator to determine the approximate cost of attendance.
Next, determine how you will pay for college. You have several options:
- Pay online at your online student center
- Sign up for a monthly payment plan at your online student center
- Pay in person, online, by phone, mail, or fax
- Apply for scholarships
- Apply for financial aid
- Seek agency funding if enrolling in clock hour