The purposes of the Gateway Community College Faculty Senate shall be to:
- Serve as the exclusive representative of the GateWay Community College faculty of the college administration in academic and professional matters and policy development.
- Advise the College President on matters of importance to the college and faculty; promote communication, collaboration, and education among the faculty and between the faculty and other groups.
- Maintain and promote the standards and ideals of the profession.
- Serve as the voice of the faculty in shared governance.
- To select representatives to serve on administrative councils and on coordinating committees of the faculties of the college and district.
- Protect and preserve academic freedom.
- Participate in the formation and implementation of educational policies for the college and the district.
- Provide an open forum for the free discussion of academic and professional issues.
Faculty Senate Members
Dr. Joseph Swaba - firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Kelly Romirowsky - email@example.com
Ferdinand Hunter - firstname.lastname@example.org
Beth Malapanes, M.L.S., M.I.L.S. - email@example.com
Christopher Mims, M.Ed., MA - firstname.lastname@example.org
Douglas Walker, MS - email@example.com
Frank Zamora, M.Ed - firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Sandra Hinski - email@example.com
Heidi Hutchins - firstname.lastname@example.org
Jim Kenney - email@example.com
Herb Wildey - firstname.lastname@example.org