The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the application used to determine a student’s financial aid eligibility. Students can apply for financial aid online using the FAFSA and be considered for federal grants, student loans, scholarships and/or federal work-study. The application must be completed each year.
Complete this FAFSA, if you plan to attend in Fall 2022, Spring 2023, and/or Summer 2023 semester(s)
Completing the FAFSA Online
The following information and documents should be gathered to assist you with completing the FAFSA online:
- Create or retrieve your Federal Student Aid (FSA) User ID. The FSA ID replaces the former Federal Student Aid PIN.
- Your Social Security number
- Your parent(s) Social Security number, if considered dependent.
- Your Driver’s License number If you have one, Citizenship Verification or Alien Registration number
- Your Federal Income Tax Return (IRS Form 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ) and your parent(s) Federal Tax Return. The online FAFSA application also offers an IRS Data Retrieval Tool to import your federal tax return data and/or your parents data.
- W-2 forms and other records of money earned
- Current bank statements
GateWay Community College Federal School Codes
*The clock hour programs are located at the Central City, Deer Valley, and Southwest Skill Center campuses.
When applying for credit hour classes use federal school code: 008303 - GateWay Community College
Clock Hour Programs*
When applying for clock hour programs use federal school code: E00701 - Maricopa Skill Center
Financial Aid Assistance
Assistance with your financial aid questions or needs can be found at the campus where your classes are being held. You can call to get assistance with your questions or needs at (480) 731-8900 or contact the Financial Aid Office by email at email@example.com.
- Federal Student Financial Aid Guide
- Tax Benefits for Education
- Spanish Language Financial Aid Resources