Are you a new student?
We are committed to providing students with an opportunity to earn a high school diploma and an Associate's degree, enough college credits to enter a 4 year university as a junior, or a Certificate of Completion in an occupational area.
Our students will graduate prepared for post-secondary education without remediation and/or the workplace with marketable skills. The first of its kind in Phoenix, GateWay Early College High School is a unique learning institution that provides the rigor of college-level work in high school AND critical affective and academic support from a dedicated staff. Students are enrolled on a first come, first served, basis.
Submitting An Application
Complete the Application here. For assistance, please call (602) 286–8759.
- By mail: to GateWay Early College High School, 108 N. 40th Street Phoenix, AZ 85034.
- By email: email@example.com
- In person: GateWay Early College High School is located on the campus of GateWay Community College Campus.
108 N. 40th Street Phoenix, AZ 85034. MA Building, upstairs in Room 2350. Please call for directions.
Once your completed application has been received, our staff will contact you by phone or email to verify that all information on your application is correct. We will set up an in person or virtual meeting with the student and a parent or guardian and identify if you will need assistance with a translator.
Provide the following documents through email firstname.lastname@example.org or in person prior to or on the day of your meeting.
Review all Documents and Forms
- Birth certificate or other reliable proof of student’s identity and age. Ie. I-94
- Immunization Records or vaccine exemption form
- Proof of Address (click here for appropriate documentation)
- IEP or 504 to continue receiving special education services
During the orientation meeting, you can ask questions you still might have about being a student at Gateway Early College High School. Meeting with us also gives our staff the opportunity to provide important information, schedule pre-entry assessments, as well as share our expectations for students and parents. You should plan to be available for at least an hour in order to communicate all of the most important information. You can always contact us prior to this meeting by email email@example.com or phone (602) 286–8759 if you have any questions.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender or disability.
We support and comply with all state and federal health, safety, civil rights, disability and insurance laws, ensuring that all students with disabilities have the right to a free appropriate public education (FAPE).
Students are enrolled on a first come, first served basis under the following guidelines:
- In accordance with ARS 15-184, GWECHS enrolls all eligible pupils who submit a timely application unless the number of applicants exceeds the capacity of a program, class, grade level or building.
- In accordance with the school's charter, there will be no more than 100 students per grade level. Enrollment application packets must be fully completed and on file in the office before parents and students can sign the application waiting list.
- Siblings of students already attending the school, and children of faculty and staff have the first right of refusal for openings.
Se Habla Español
Para asistencia en Español, por favor llame a Luz Rodriguez al (602) 286-8794.