Enrollment forms are available by calling (602) 286-8759 or downloading the Admissions Application. Once the high school has received your completed applications forms, you and your parents will have an opportunity to meet with an Early College representative to determine together if Early College is the best choice for you.
Can I really complete a High School Diploma and an Associate's Degree within 5 years?
Absolutely! Having completed a successful semester, Freshman will begin to pursue a college degree as follows:
- 9th: High school classes with two college electives (6 credits)
- 10th: Continue with high school classes and add two college classes (6 college credits/12 total)
- 11th: Continue to add college classes. The required junior community service component allows you to work to benefit others. (15 college credits/27 total)
- 12th: Percentage of college courses increases. Additionally, there is a heavy emphasis placed on career development, in the Capstone Portfolio course. This year will conclude your pursuit of a high school diploma; however, your college graduation still awaits (18 credits/45 total - You have completed 75% of your degree!)
- "13th": Congratulations! You are now ready to be a full time student at GateWay Community College, and well on your way to completing an Associate's Degree. Upon graduation, you will be prepared to follow a wide variety of career and education paths which may include pursuing a Bachelor's Degree or entering the workforce.
Please Note: To enroll in college courses, students must meet the scoring requirements on a college placement such as ASSET, PSAT, or AIMS.