Learning, Study and Test-Taking Strategies
- LSU Learning Tips & Tools Resources for studying, getting organized, course preparation, how to ace tests, and more.
- Virginia Tech offers online study skills workshops and can help you discover how you could improve your studying with a Study Skill Checklist and a Study Environment Analysis.
- Study Guide Zone provides study tips, study guides, and practice questions for exams like HESI A2, NCLEX, GED, and placement exams.
- Brainfuse Online Tutoring for math, biology, physics, anatomy, nursing, reading, accounting, writing, and more!
- Free Rice donates rice to feed the hungry as it tests your knowledge of English, Spanish, basic math, art, and anatomy and physiology.
- StudyBlue lets you create digital flash cards or study from others' flash cards, even on your iPhone or Android smartphone.
- Khan Academy has over 3,400 short YouTube videos on math, science, computer science, economics, art history, and history.
- ARC Links points you to notes, tutorials, worksheets, and videos from college-level instructors and organizations, with a special focus on computer science and networking.
- GCFLearnFree.org has interactive tutorials and videos on computer skills, e-mail, the Internet, and Microsoft Office programs (Word, PowerPoint, and so on).
- Khan Academy offers short YouTube videos on introductory biology and anatomy and physiology (see also Khan Academy's Healthcare and Medicine videos).
- MedlinePlus has short A.D.A.M. videos that can introduce you to anatomy and physiology or help you review it.
- Professor Alex Imholtz's Biology Page helps you master anatomy and physiology and histology with notes, diagrams, videos, sample exam questions, practice lab practicals, and links to tutorials and other resources.
- Khan Academy offers short YouTube videos on chemistry and organic chemistry.
- The University of Memphis's Foundations of Chemistry explains concepts and demonstrates dimensional analysis, calculations, and formulas.
- Chemistry Drills generates practice problems in naming compounds, balancing chemical equations, and predicting reactants and products.
- Calvalcade's Practice Chemistry Worksheets give you practice in significant figures, stoichiometry, naming compounds, and more.
- Purdue OWL takes you through the writing process, how to improve your writing, and how to cite sources according to MLA or APA style.
- UNC Writing Center demonstrates strategies for improving your writing by videos and well-organized handouts.
- The English Center helps you to improve your grammar, vocabulary, and writing, especially with its Essay CheckList.
- CUNY has interactive writing tutorials explaining the writing process.
- Dictionary.com, Thesaurus.com, and M-W.com are handy reference tools for better word choice in your writing.
- Merriam-Webster Learner's Dictionary makes English easy to learn and understand.
- BBC Learning English provides many resources for learning and practicing English.
- CUNY has interactive grammar tutorials
- ESLgold.com has listening exercises and other resources for learning and practicing English.
- ManyThings.org has games, video exercises, and audio recordings to help you practice English.
- English Grammar Online 4 U has articles, exercises, games, and quizzes for practicing English.
- Activities for ESL Students offers many quizzes, tests, exercises, and puzzles to help you learn English as a Second Language — even bilingual quizzes using Arabic, French, Spanish, Somali, and other languages.
- Voice of America uses news stories and practical activities to teach everyday English.
- 365 ESL Short Stories for intermediate ESL students is great for practicing reading.
- 5 Minute English provides short and easy explanations and exercises for learning English as a Second Language.
- The California Distance Learning Project offers news stories and articles for practicing reading in various life topics.
- Learn how to study math and get “cheat” sheets of common formulas from Professor Paul Dawkins.
- Purplemath explains arithmetic, algebra, and trigonometry through text-based tutorials, links you to helpful math websites, and coaches you in math study skills.
- Mathispower4u Tutorials by James Sousa, math professor at Phoenix College, uses YouTube videos and a blog to help you with all levels of GateWay math classes.
- Khan Academy offers short YouTube videos and practice problems for arithmetic, geometry, algebra, trigonometry, precalculus, calculus, probability, and statistics.
- PatrickJMT uses short YouTube videos to demonstrate and explain problems in arithmetic, algebra, trigonometry, calculus, probability, and statistics.
- HippoCampus has interactive tutorials, videos, and presentations on arithmetic, algebra, calculus, and statistics — some even in Spanish.
- Algebra2Go has videos, notes, practice problems, and tools for arithmetic, algebra, calculus 1, and calculus 2 — some even in Spanish.
- WTAMU's Virtual Math Lab has text-based and video tutorials on algebra and the Accuplacer placement test.
- Incompetech offers printable graph paper templates.
- MCC's Nursing Concepts Library connects you to online resources on assessment, nursing concepts, pharmacology, and more.
- MedicalMnemonics.com can help you remember medical facts.
- RxList has an online drug encyclopedia including a pill identifier, as well as other health information, slideshows, and images from WebMD.
- MedlinePlus provides trustworthy and easy-to-understand health information, patient discharge instructions, videos, and medical reference resources.
Khan Academy offers short YouTube videos on physics.
FearOfPhysics.com explains physics through short YouTube video lessons and demonstrations of common physics problems.
- Psych Web introduces you to psychology and resources related to it.
- AlleyDog.com has a glossary, APA writing tips, notes and articles on psychology topics, and more.
- GCC's Psychology Department links you to more online psychology resources.