Science is an integral part of general education. GateWay courses provide direct preparation in theory and practice for business, healthcare and industry occupations as well as the foundation for University-bound transfer students.
Types of Sciences
A degree with an emphasis on Science may lead to a career in areas including:
- Exercise Science
- Food Product Safety
- Public Health
- Forest Services
Understanding the basics of science is also necessary in your everyday life to make informed and rational decisions whenever you're faced with information regarding:
- New health risks, medical discoveries or disease treatments
- News reports on environmental issues
- New scientific discoveries
- Being an informed citizen on political decisions related to scientific research
Science is a key component to many healthcare and technical fields. Biological, Environmental, Physical and Natural Sciences provide the background knowledge needed to understand important concepts and key terms in many fields.
Science classes include:
- Human Anatomy & Physiology: Intro, Parts I & II
- Biology: General, Environmental, Marine, Micro, Allied Health
- Physical Geography
- Chemistry: General, Organic & Fundamental
Associate in Science: $5,774*
* Please note that these are only estimates and do not include books. These estimates may change based on increases to tuition, course fees and book costs. Estimates are based on the 2016-2017 tuition rates for in-county students. Additional fees may apply.
Accreditation is a process used to measure and certify the credibility and quality of services offered by an organization.
GateWay is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Why should you choose an accredited school?
Although many schools offer seemingly similar degree and certification options, not all schools are accredited. In many instances, accreditation of the degree or program you complete may be required in order to become certified to work in the field.