Discover the scientific principles of human nutrition in food, including health promotion and the relationship between diet and other lifestyle factors.
Science is an integral part of general education and a key component to many healthcare and technical fields. It also helps in building the foundation for University-bound transfer students.
Biological, Environmental, Physical and Natural Sciences provide the background knowledge needed to understand important concepts and key terms in many fields.
A degree with an emphasis on Nutrition may lead to a career as a:
- Personal Trainer
- Food Manufacturer Salesperson
- Fitness Instructor
- Pharmaceutical Salesperson
GateWay offers several courses in food and nutrition, including FON241 "Principles of Human Nutrition." This course studies the scientific principles of human nutrition with an emphasis on health promotion and concepts for conveying accurate nutrition information in a professional setting. No prerequisites required. Additional courses include:
- Nutrition During Pregnancy
- Principles of Physical Fitness and Wellness
- Lifetime Fitness
Associate in Science: $5,774*
* Please note that these are only estimates and do not include books. These estimates may change based on increases to tuition, course fees and book costs. Estimates are based on the 2016-2017 tuition rates for in-county students. Additional fees may apply.
Accreditation is a process used to measure and certify the credibility and quality of services offered by an organization.
GateWay is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Why should you choose an accredited school?
Although many schools offer seemingly similar degree and certification options, not all schools are accredited. In many instances, accreditation of the degree or program you complete may be required in order to become certified to work in the field.