Welcome to GateWay Community College. Below, you will find valuable information about becoming a GateWay Gecko for GateWay's associate degree and certificate of completion programs.
Gecko Gear Up
STUDENTS NEW TO COLLEGE AND READY TO ENROLL
Participating in Gecko Gear Up (GGU) is one of the first steps to becoming an official GateWay Gecko. Gecko Gear Up places you on the path to navigating college successfully.
After you have completed your application and placement tests, you are ready for Gecko Gear Up.
At Gecko Gear Up, you will learn about tools designed to help you discover your academic and career path, practice navigating the Student Center, receive advising, and even enroll in classes. You will also learn about future Financial Aid workshops, payment plan options and other tips.
To summarize, Gecko Gear Up allows you to:
- Review helpful resources for choosing a plan of study and a career
- Receive an introduction to the fundamentals of financial aid and how to pay for college
- Participate in group academic advisement
- Learn how to navigate your Student Center to enroll in classes and New Student Orientation
Be sure to bring a government issued ID as well as your MEID and password.
Gecko Gear Up Sessions
These sessions are held in the Student Success Center/MA1372.
Tuesdays, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Dec.: 11, 18
Wednesdays, 3:30 to 5:30 p.m.
Dec.: 5, 12, 19
Thursday, Jan. 3, 10 to 12 p.m.
Saturday, Jan. 5, 10 to 12 p.m.
Monday, Jan. 7, 2 to 4 p.m.
Thursday, Jan. 10, 6 to 8 p.m.
Friday, Jan. 11, 10 to 2 p.m.
Saturday, Jan. 12, 1 to 3 p.m.
Saturday, Jan. 23, 10 to 12 p.m.
Wednesday, Feb. 13, 6 to 8 p.m.
You may register for a Gecko Gear Up (GGU) session by clicking this link: GGU Registration.
New Student Orientation
STUDENTS ALREADY ENROLLED IN CLASSES
Orientation is an opportunity to connect to resources and receive valuable, practical information for excelling as a student.
At orientation you will:
- Identify campus resources to help you stay on track
- Discover student clubs, organizations and the campus community
- Hear insights from current students, faculty and staff
- Be empowered with important tools for navigating your college experience successfully
Who Should Attend?
- First-time college students
- Students who have completed ACE, HOOP, LIFT, GWECHS, or similar programs
- Students seeking a certificate or a degree
Spring 2019 Orientation Schedule
- January Dates:
Wednesday, Jan. 9, 2019, 6 to 8 p.m., Section #10717
Saturday, Jan. 12, 2019, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., Section #33970
Sign up to attend a new student orientation session by logging in to the Online Student Center. You will need to create a Maricopa Enterprise Identification (MEID) before getting started if you do not have one already.
Orientation sessions are held before the start of each fall and spring semester. Call (602) 286-8178 for more information.