Parking permits are no longer required in the Student Parking areas.
Employees operating a motor vehicle on college property must comply with the following:
- Register the vehicle with College Police.
- Secure a current parking permit.
- Display the parking permit on the vehicle.
Parking permits may be obtained through College Police (PS Building), from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday - Thursday. Limited hours on Friday. Permits are free of charge.
- Applicants must provide a license plate number of the vehicle to be registered.
- Parking permits must be permanently affixed on the front inside on the lower left side of the driver's windshield.
- On motorized cycles, the permit shall be affixed where it can be seen without difficulty on the front fender or fork.
- Temporary permits shall be placed on the dashboard or rearview mirror so they are easily visible from the outside.
- Parking in a disabled parking space is allowed only with a designated permit issued by the state of Arizona.
- Red curbs indicate no-parking zones. Parking in red zones, entrances to buildings, driveways, in front of garbage dumpsters, fire lanes, and fire hydrants is prohibited.
- Driving and/or parking in areas not designated for use is prohibited.
- Blocking pedestrian paths, sidewalks, crosswalks, striped safety zones and bicycle paths is prohibited.
- Impeding or obstructing properly parked or moving vehicles is prohibited.
- Parking motorized bicycles is allowed in designated areas only.
- Vehicle operators must park within the space lines.
- In diagonal spaces, vehicles must be parked facing the center line. Driving through or backing into diagonal spaces is not allowed.
- The maximum speed limit in all college parking lots is 10mph.
- Driving vehicles or bicycles on pedestrian paths and sidewalks is prohibited.
- Accidents involving vehicles on college property must be reported to College Police.
- All Arizona State laws governing the movement and operation of motor vehicles are adopted by the MCCCD Governing Board for the control of vehicles on college property.
Violations & Fines
- Violating disabled parking stall or access - $50
- Parking in a fire lane - $50
- Removing a barricade or failure to obey a vehicle control device - $25
- Parking in an unauthorized parking area - $25
- All other parking violations - $15
- Improperly displaying a parking permit - $15
- Failure to register a vehicle and display a parking permit - $30
- Falsifying information on the registration application - $50
- Displaying an altered or substituted permit - $50
All fines are doubled if not paid within 15 working days of the date issued. Persons violating regulations are also subject to:
- Institutional discipline
- Vehicle towing
- Withdrawal or suspension of parking privileges
- Encumbrance of records
- Oral or written reprimands
College students and employees have first priority to parking spaces.
If you experience a parking problem, contact College Police during regular business hours by calling (480) 784-0900 or (602) 286-8911.