Summer 2020 is being offered in conjunction with Chandler-Gilbert Community College.
Prague boasts one of the world’s most pristine and varied collections of architecture, from Gothic to Renaissance, Baroque, Neo-Classical, Art Nouveau, Cubist and Ultra-Modern. Some of the most well-known sights that you will have the opportunity to visit include Old Town Square in Prague (a market square since the 11th century), Prague Castle, St. Vitus Cathedral, Vyšehrad Castle ruins, Charles Bridge, the Jewish Quarter and Wenceslas Square. You can also enjoy listening to Anton Dvorak’s “New World Symphony” in one of the many concert halls around the city.
Included in the program, for all classes, is a two-night excursion to Vienna, Austria.
Become one of the many program alumni and gain free bragging rights for the rest of your life! Apply early because space is limited. Make this your year to expand your mind!
If you do not have a Maricopa Enterprise ID (MEID) account you may apply here.
The Czech Republic is geographically situated in the center of Europe. Czechs like to think of their country as “the bridge between East and West.” Bordering Germany, Poland, Slovakia and Austria, the country has always been an important crossroad.
The City of Prague is also known as the “City of 100 Spires.” Its compact medieval center remains an evocative maze of cobbled lanes, ancient courtyards, mysterious passages and churches beyond number, all watched over by a 1000 year-old castle. Prague was one of the few European cities relatively untouched during the world wars, allowing its historic architecture to stay true to form. Prague is a traditional cultural center of Europe, hosting many festivals and concerts.
Dates of the 2020 Prague Program are June 22-July 24. Pre-departure classes take place June 22-July 2. Departure to the Czech Republic is July 5, 2020, arriving July 6. Departure to Arizona is July 24.
Program Cost: $2,890*
*Program cost includes tuition and $15 registration fee. Airfare and meals are not included. Partial scholarships are available.
Program fee may include:
- Tuition for one 3-credit course
- Lodging for entire stay in Prague
- Transportation and lodging for three days and three nights travel to Berlin
- Weekly cultural activities
- Unlimited pass for bus, tram or metro within Prague
- Farewell dinner and river cruise
- Presentations and guest lectures by scholars living in Prague
- Student medical insurance
- Entrance fees and guided tours of selected Prague sites, including Prague Castle, Wenceslas Square, Old Town Square, Jewish Quarter and other sites in the Czech Republic
- Full amount to be paid by April 1, 2020 (not just the deposit)
- 100% refund through April 15, 2020 (minus the non-refundable deposit)
- 50% refund through April 30, 2020 (minus the non-refundable deposit)
- No refund after April 30, 2020
- Any registrations after April 30, 2020 (pending open seats) must be paid in full at the time of registration and they are non-refundable
Classes offered are all 3-credit courses.
- ARH 102 - Art History Renaissance to Contemporary
- ART 142/143 - Introduction to/Intermediate Digital Photography
- HUM 245 - Introduction to Holocaust Studies
Visit Chandler-Gilbert Community College to see additional courses being offered.
Thursday, 2/6 | 4:00 p.m. | IE Building // IE2220
Tuesday, 2/25 | 5:00 p.m. | IE Building // IE2220
Monday, 3/23 | 6:00 p.m. | IE Building // IE2220
Friday, 4/3 | 3:00 p.m. | IE Building // IE2220
- Dates/Times to Come
*Dates are subject to change.