Prague boasts one of the world’s most pristine and varied collections of architecture, from Gothic to Renaissance, Baroque, Neo-Classical, Art Nouveau, Cubist and Ultra-Modern. Some of the most well-known sights that you will have the opportunity to visit include Old Town Square in Prague (a market square since the 11th century), Prague Castle, St. Vitus Cathedral, Vyšehrad Castle ruins, Charles Bridge, the Jewish Quarter and Wenceslas Square. You can also enjoy listening to Anton Dvorak’s “New World Symphony” in one of the many concert halls around the city.
Included in the program, for all classes, is a two-night excursion to Vienna, Austria.
Become one of the many program alumni and gain free bragging rights for the rest of your life! Apply early because space is limited. Make this your year to expand your mind!
If you do not have a Maricopa Enterprise ID (MEID) account you can apply here.
The Czech Republic is geographically situated in the center of Europe. Czechs like to think of their country as “the bridge between East and West.” Bordering Germany, Poland, Slovakia and Austria, the country has always been an important crossroad.
The City of Prague is also known as the “City of 100 Spires.” Its compact medieval center remains an evocative maze of cobbled lanes, ancient courtyards, mysterious passages and churches beyond number, all watched over by a 1000 year-old castle. Prague was one of the few European cities relatively untouched during the world wars, allowing its historic architecture to stay true to form. Prague is a traditional cultural center of Europe, hosting many festivals and concerts.
The dates of the 2018 Prague Program are June 18 - July 26. In country classes will take place at GateWay on June 18 - July 1. Departure to the Czech Republic is July 5 arriving in Prague July 6. Departure is July 26.
The total program cost is $2,517 plus $258 tuition for (1) 3-credit class = $2,775
Airfare, meals and $15 college enrollment fee not included. Partial scholarships are available.
Program fee includes:
- Tuition for one 3-credit course
- Lodging for entire stay in Prague
- Transportation and lodging for three days and two nights travel to Vienna, Austria
- Weekly cultural activities
- Unlimited pass for bus, tram or metro within Prague
- Farewell dinner and river cruise
- Presentations and guest lectures by scholars living in Prague
- Student medical insurance
- Entrance fees and guided tours of selected Prague sites including Prague Castle, Wenceslas Square, Old Town Square, Jewish Quarter and other sites in the Czech Republic
Payment and refund policies follow:
- Full amount to be paid by April 1, 2018 (not just the deposit)
- 100% refund through April 15, 2018 (minus the non-refundable deposit)
- 50% refund through April 30, 2018 (minus the non-refundable deposit)
- No refund after April 30, 2018
- Any registrations after April 30, 2018 (pending open seats) must be paid in full at the time of registration and they are non-refundable
Application deadline is April 1, 2018. Contact Susan Mills
about applying after April 1, 2018.
Classes being offered by GateWay Community College are 3 credit courses.
- ARH 102 - Art History - Renaissance to Contemporary
- ART 142 - Introduction to Digital Photography
All information sessions are located at GateWay-Washington Campus.
- Oct. 30, 2017, Monday, 6-7 p.m. - IE1322
- Nov. 29, 2017, Wednesday, 6-7 p.m. - IE1322
- Jan. 31, 2018, Wednesday, 3-4 p.m. - IE1322
- Feb. 27, 2018, Tuesday, 6-7 p.m. - IE1322
- March 29, 2018, Thursday, 6-7 p.m. - IE1322
- April 11, Wednesday, 3-4 p.m. - IE1322
- April 28, 2017, Saturday, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. (lunch will be served), Copper Room/Washington Campus
*Dates are subject to change.
Summer Application Deadline is March 6, 2018.
Deadline is April 1, 2018.