Ease your transition from high school to a GateWay Community College full-time student!
GateWay Community College is one of only three Maricopa Community Colleges with the EXCEL Program. EXCEL is a student success program providing student scholars with assistance to navigate college toward degree completion and university transfer. Our program is funded by the Arizona Community Foundation and we also partner with College Success Arizona.
With EXCEL, you will not be alone. We will be here to help you every step of the way! Students working toward their first bachelor degree should apply! Also, students without a bachelor degree working who are working toward a certificate program and who are Pell Grant eligible may qualify for the EXCEL Program. Contact the EXCEL Coordinator to discuss.
Your Future Without Boundaries
How to Apply
- Fill out this application: https://my.maricopa.edu/support/excel/excel-application-gwcc
- Complete the GateWay Community College Admission Process
- If your GPA is 2.5 or less, take your Placement Tests
- Complete FAFSA for the followings years:
- 2021–2022 (Requires 2019 Tax Information) Fall and Spring Semesters
- MUST complete FAFSA for EXCEL funding. (GWCC school code 008303)