GateWay is committed to the success of its students by providing an environment conducive to teaching and learning. To ensure that every student takes full advantage of the educational opportunities, the College has developed a series of student success services to help you succeed.
Who Can Benefit from Student Success Services?
There are many reasons why a student might need support. There is a wide range of academic and personal barriers that can prevent you from being successful. Some of the most common reasons include:
- Excessive absences and/or tardiness
- Tutoring needs
- Low test and/or quiz scores
- Difficulty completing homework
- Knowledge of personal or family difficulties (i.e. financial, death in the family, etc.)
We have developed a set of best practices for using the student support system to help you be successful. Keep in mind that student support works best when used early! Submissions in the first 4 weeks of class are most likely to result in a successful outcome for you. However you can submit a request at any time and we would be happy to meet with you and help however we can!
Student Success Services Process
Our team will acknowledge your submission within one workday.
The student support administrators will triage your issue. Most requests get forwarded to GWCC’s Peer Advocates who will make an initial contact with you. Depending on the severity and/or immediacy of the alert, it may go directly to a certain area/person (such as Counseling) instead of going to the Peer Advocates.
- A Peer Advocate will meet with you to create a success plan. The Peer Advocate will also engage you in the use of pertinent campus resources; walking you to the resource office, introducing you to staff, and helping you make an appointment if necessary. The same Peer Advocate will remain as your contact.
- Peer Advocates will follow up within a week to ensure you are receiving the support you need.
The form has been improved, allowing for better tracking, and authentication is required at the bottom of the form prior to submitting.