How to Apply & Enroll
Step 1: Apply for Admission
GateWay is one of 10 Maricopa Community Colleges. To enroll to any of the colleges, you must first create a student account. You may download the Student Information Form here, complete the form and email it to email@example.com or go to my.maricopa.edu to complete the process online. Please fully complete the Student Information form because leaving missing data or blanks may impact your ability to find scholarships or other financial aid sources through AcademicWorks to help pay for college.
- To create an account, go to the MEID Account Wizard, which is located within my.maricopa.edu.
- Follow the instructions for the MEID Account Wizard to create a user ID & password. Keep this information to login to your Student Center in the future.
NOTE: You will need to wait 20 minutes after creating an account before you can apply.
- Go to your Student Center on my.maricopa.edu
- Enter your MEID (User ID) & Password
- Once in your Student Center, click on MCCCD Admissions and continue with steps to apply
- All admitted students will be issued an email account that corresponds with their MEID, accessible through the Online Student Center. You are able to forward messages to your personal email account, too.
Please Note: This account will be used to communicate all official business messages from the college, including:
- Class Enrollment
- Financial Aid
- Payment Invoices
- Tuition Due Dates
- Other Important Student Information
- The e-mail address for this MEID would be: ABCDE12345@maricopa.edu
- Your MEID should be a combination of approximately 10 letters and numbers in length, such as: ABCDE12345
- New to college? Learn about our iStart Smart program and get a competitive edge on starting a successful college career.
- Be sure to participate in an orientation session before beginning classes for the first time on campus.
- Learn more about our Prop 300 policies.
Help is available upon request.
Step 2: Apply for Financial Aid & Pay
Before you apply for financial aid, you will need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Once you submit this form, you can check the status of your financial aid by going to the Student Center and logging in with your MEID & password.
Additional financial aid opportunities, scholarships and grants may be available to you. To learn more, visit our financial aid page or call (855) 622-2332.
Please Note: You will need to verify and comply with all financial aid deadlines through FAFSA or your classes could be dropped.
How to Pay
Tuition & Fees are due at the time of registration or by the specified due date on your student invoice. The enrollment process is not complete until your payment is made in full. The following information has been created to help you find the method of payment that's right for you.
- Go to the Online Student Center and login to your account using your MEID & password to pay by credit card, e-check or payment plan online.
- Call (602) 286-8100 to make a credit card payment by phone.
Please Note: Wait times may increase during peak periods of enrollment.
- Go to the Cashier's Office at Enrollment Services, located in the IE (Integrated Education Building) to pay for classes in full, using cash or credit.
- Picture ID may be required for some student transactions.
Step 3: Assessment Testing
If you are planning to enroll in an English, Math or Reading course, you may be required to take placement tests at Enrollment Services Testing Center, located in the IE (Integrated Education) Building. Test scores are used to decide which courses to take. Here's what you need to know before you go:
- Assessment tests are free of charge. These tests are good for two years.
- Separate tests for English, Math and Reading may be required.
- Testing times vary depending upon the user's pace.
- On average, each test takes approximately 25 minutes.
- Photo ID and Student ID number required.
- Bring a copy of your unofficial transcripts.
- Walk-in appointments are accepted with a Student ID.
- Students may also contact a program advisor, faculty member or counselor to make an appointment.
Please review the Testing Center's page for hours and schedule.
Step 4: Meet with an Advisor
All new students must Contact an Advisor before your classes begin. It is the mission of our advisement team to provide services that enhance student development & success, including:
- Exploration of educational & life goals
- Selection of academic/occupational programs
- Selection of sequencing of courses
- University transfer options
- General information on campus resources & classes
Advisors may be contacted by phone, email or in person at Enrollment Services, located in the IE (Integrated Education Building) of campus during business hours (no appointment necessary).
Before you meet with an advisor, we recommend you check out the current Catalog to learn more about the programs that interest you. Let your advisor know if you have any questions or concerns.
If you have taken a class for college credit and you are interested in transferring credits to GateWay, you may better prepare for your meeting if you:
Arrange to have your official transcripts (from all colleges & schools previously attended) sent to:
Attn: Admissions & Records
108 N. 40th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85034
Bring a copy of your transcripts to review with your advisor.
Your advisor can help you choose courses that will apply to most degrees and give you an introduction into your areas of interest.
Step 5: Select Your Classes & Register
GateWay requires on-time registration because we believe success starts from day one. Enroll early, get your books and be in class ready to learn from the first day.
For classes with published start dates and meeting times, registration in the class must be completed before the first official class meeting date and time. No late registration in a class once it has started is allowed. Registration for a class on the date it starts must be done in person or on the phone, and must be completed before the class start time.
For classes without published meetings times, registration in the class must be completed by 11:59 p.m. the day before the class starts.
You will find there are many ways to receive academic, financial or career assistance to get involved in our community.
Fall and Spring
Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.