GateWay Graduation is the official ceremony which confers certifications and degrees upon students who have fulfilled graduation requirements. GateWay Community College offers one commencement ceremony in May of each year for all summer, fall, and spring graduates.
This year, graduation will be held on May 14, at the North Phoenix Baptist Church. Students need to start checking in at 4:30 p.m. in the Fellowship Center. The ceremony will be streamed live, so home-bound or out-of-town family and friends are able to watch it live.
There are no locker facilities to store personal items and NO FOOD OR BALLOONS are allowed in the church. Only water is allowed.
Eligible commencement ceremony participants must meet the following criteria:
- Complete a Graduation Application
- Pay the appropriate document and commencement fees
- Have completed all requirements for the degree and/or certificate, OR be enrolled in coursework that will be completed within six weeks of commencement
- There is no cost to apply for graduation
- Diploma Cover: $5
- Commencement: $25 (includes cap and gown, tassel, diploma cover and five invitations>
Steps for a Successful Graduation
- It is recommended that students schedule an appointment with an Academic Advisor as early as possible to review their program requirements for graduation. Students can also refer to the Catalog and Student Handbook to check on their program requirements for graduation.
- Official transcripts must be sent directly to GateWay from any Maricopa college or other college or university for the courses that will apply toward the degree/certificate.
- Graduation application deadlines:
- Submit application for fall semester by December 1.
- Submit application for spring commencement by March 13.
- Submit application for summer by June 1.
- We ask that you participate in our Graduation Survey by going online or complete the paper survey and turn it in to the Enrollment Services office.
- A notification letter will be mailed approximately thirty days prior to the day of the commencement ceremony detailing this event and cap and gown pickup.
- Pay the $25 commencement ceremony fee at Enrollment Services, if you want to participate in the ceremony in May. The commencement fee is refundable up to two weeks prior to graduation. Fee includes:
- Award document(s)
- Hard cover jacket for degree/certificate
- Cap and gown
- Five announcements
- Any debts within the Maricopa Community Colleges must be cleared before a degree/certificate can be released. (Nursing Students: Awards and nursing letters will not be released until all debts are cleared.)
- Please be sure to verify and correct as needed your address in the Student Center. All degrees/certificates will be mailed to the applicant’s address on record.
You are now able to request a single transcript report no matter how many Maricopa Community Colleges you have attended. Rather than having to request transcripts from each institution you attended, you are now able to place the request for official or unofficial transcripts from one place. For more information, visit http://www.gatewaycc.edu/transcripts.