Healthcare Regulatory Compliance
Healthcare providers of all types have either established or soon will be considering the implementation of formal compliance programs.
Be prepared to accept the challenges of laws regulating the healthcare industry. If you are a healthcare administrator, help your employees gain the knowledge to keep your facility or practice penalty free.
Be Prepared for Regulatory Changes in Healthcare
Healthcare Regulatory Compliance is an emerging specialty. If you have responsibility for the oversight and management of healthcare services you know that the federal and state government regulations are expanding at a staggering rate.
Over 30 federal agencies and additional state agencies are enforcing laws relating to fraud, overutilization of medical services, protected health information breeches and disclosures. Fines are stiff and the penalty process may be career ending.
GateWay offers a certificate program to address the rapidly changing healthcare compliance regulations.
What You will learn:
- Legal mandates and ethical considerations for healthcare corporate regulatory compliance programs.
- The Seven Essential Elements of an effective compliance program.
- Laws governing abusive and fraudulent healthcare practices and billing of services.
- The roles played by various governmental agencies in regulating and enforcing healthcare laws.
- Laws governing the use and security of patient Protected Health Information (PHI) and electronic Protected Health Information, (ePHI) as defined by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH).
- Application of the laws and principles to create a corporate compliance program.
Degrees & Certificates
For your convenience, all classes are online and must be taken in sequence as a cohort, a group of students who go through the program together. Classes are four, eight or twelve weeks long. Students in a cohort will be able to complete the certificate within 15 months.
Students are expected to maintain a “C” or better in all courses in the program.
For information about careers in your area of study, visit O*NET OnLine for detailed job descriptions, education requirements, wage and employment trend information.
Accreditation is a process used to measure and certify the credibility and quality of services offered by an organization.
GateWay is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Why should you choose an accredited school?
Although many schools offer seemingly similar degree and certification options, not all schools are accredited. In many instances, accreditation of the degree or program you complete may be required in order to become certified to work in the field.