Nursing Continuing Education
Our program is the largest of its kind in the state of Arizona, offering an exciting and comprehensive variety of classes for credit, ranging from 1 day workshops to full semester courses. Comprehensive program goals include:
- designing courses to educate students in developing patient management skills above the entry-level for practicing healthcare professionals (both advanced and refresher courses)
- providing entry-level training courses to students who wish to enter the healthcare field as Patient Care Technicians and the Nurse Assistants
- partnering with healthcare agencies to provide diverse learning experiences to expand the student's scope and depth of knowledge
- collaborating with healthcare agencies to identify the evolving needs of the community
- planning and implementing programs of study
Additionally, NCE offers refresher classes during the fall and spring semesters for RNs and LPNs who have not practiced nursing for over 5 years, or who have inactive licenses. These classes comply with the requirements of the Arizona State Board of Nursing, including:
- 60 hours of theory
- 45 hours of pharmacology
- 180 hours of clinical study.
Accreditation is a process used to measure and certify the credibility and quality of services offered by an organization.
GateWay is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Why should you choose an accredited school?
Although many schools offer seemingly similar degree and certification options, not all schools are accredited. In many instances, accreditation of the degree or program you complete may be required in order to become certified to work in the field.