HVAC Refrigeration Technology
Working in the Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning (HVAC) Refrigeration & Facilities industry involves maintaining a safe and accessible workplace.
Facilities technicians provide short and long-term planning schedules, in compliance with maintaining a safe work environment, and cost beneficial production schedules. These industry specialists work closely with safety and health officers, management and administration. Planning routine maintenance on equipment and systems used to operate physical plants is required.
A complete knowledge of health, safety, and environmental standards and regulations is required. Additional knowledge is needed in the areas of:
- Air conditioning
- Electrical and mechanical systems
- Problem solving in emergency situations
Degrees & Certificates
- Associate in Applied Science Degree in Air Conditioning/Refrigeration/Facilities
- Certificate of Completion in Air Conditioning, Refrigeration & Facilities
- Certificate of Completion in Residential and Light Air Conditioning
For information about careers in your area of study, visit O*NET OnLine for detailed job descriptions, education requirements, wage and employment trend information.
Accreditation is a process used to measure and certify the credibility and quality of services offered by an organization.
GateWay's Air Conditioning, Refrigeration, and Facilities Technology training program has met the instruction, curriculum, student, faculty, and facility standards set forth by the Partnership for Air-Conditioning, Heating, Refrigeration Accreditation (PAHRA). PAHRAs programmatic accreditation certifies that the following training areas have been evaluated:
- Residential Heating and Air Conditioning
- Light Commercial Heating and Air Conditioning
- Commercial Refrigeration
The many individuals and organizations supporting PAHRA commend your training program for meeting and/or exceeding standards established and validated by the HVACR industry associations.
- Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Institute (ARI)
- Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA)
- American Society of Heating, Refrigeration, Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)
- Council of Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Educators (CARE)
- Heating, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Distributors International (HARDI)
- Plumbing, Heating, Cooling Contractors (PHCC)
Additionally, GateWay is accredited by the
Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Why should you choose an accredited school?
Although many schools offer seemingly similar degree and certification options, not all schools are accredited. In many instances, accreditation of the degree or program you complete may be required in order to become certified to work in the field.