1 Get Admitted
Create MEID Account and Apply for Admissions Apply Now
- Provide proof of identity to the college at which you applied.
- For tuition purposes, verify your residency status by providing a government issued ID.
- Submit prior education (if applicable), i.e., high school and/or college/university official transcript.
- Undecided on a major? Connect with Counseling and Career Services at your college.
- Visit the campus to familiarize yourself with the services and resources.
- Complete the FAFSA and scholarship applications at: maricopa.edu/paying-for-college.
2 Take the Placement Test
Prepare, Study and Schedule Test
- If you have graduated from high school within the last 10 years, visit https://www.maricopa.edu/servic
es/assessment-testing to learn about the transcript option.
- Prepare by reviewing the sample questions at gatewaycc.edu/testing.
- Placement test will ensure appropriate level of classes for enrollment.
- The Placement Test is not a pass/fail exam.
- The Placement Test is untimed and FREE.
- Bring your government issued photo ID on the day of testing.
- To review your test score results, ask for a Course Placement Chart.
3 Get Enrolled
New Student Prep
Below, you will find valuable information about becoming a GateWay Gecko.
Gecko Gear Up
Participating in Gecko Gear Up (GGU) is one of the first steps to becoming an
official GateWay Gecko. Gecko Gear Up places you on the path to navigating
Gecko Gear Up allows you to:
- Review helpful resources for choosing a plan of study and a career
- Receive an introduction to the fundamentals of financial aid and how to pay for college
- Participate in group academic advisement
- Learn how to navigate your Student Center to enroll in classes and New Student Orientation
Be sure to bring a government issued ID as well as your MEID and password.
Register for a Gecko Gear Up session here.
Seek Academic Advisement
Connect with a GateWay advisor for assistance.
Register for Classes
Note: Current students should update personal information before enrolling for the following semester.
At this time, we are issuing IDs remotely, so all IDs will be mailed once you complete this form and submit a photo for the ID.
Attend New Student Orientation
4 Pay Tuition and Fees
Explore Payment Options
- Advisors will help with identifying courses and creating an Educational Plan to meet your academic goals.
- Meet with an advisor every semester prior to class registration.
- Advisement sessions may vary from college to college.
- Services available in-person, via telephone, email, and more.
- Ask your advisor about college success classes, associate degrees, certificates, transfer options, resources, and services.
- Register for classes early to ensure the best schedule, maximize financial aid options, and to get prepared for a successful semester.
- Know when your tuition is due.
- All new to college students must attend New Student Orientation. Research shows that those who participate, have higher rates of attaining their goals.
- Monitor your Student Center for current balance and pay on or before due date.
- Explore paying for college at maricopa.edu/paying-for-college.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at fafsa.gov.
- Explore college websites for scholarships, such as the Presidents’ Scholarship and more.