Industrial Design Technology
Industrial Design Technology involves working closely with engineers to create dynamic products with a unique look and feel using the latest 3-D technology available.
This program will prepare you for a career in the industry by:
- Training you with hands-on experience using CAD, CAM, CNC and 3D printing.
- Using the latest 3-D design software to develop new products.
- Creating prototypes and product simulations.
- Manufacturing the finished design.
Giving you a working knowledge in the field of product design, product development and rapid part production.
Learn competency and technical expertise on industry specific 3D Solid Design software, Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM) software, 3D printers and Multi-Axis Computer Numerical Control (CNC) controlled machines.
The core-specialty of this program is hands-on experience with CAD, CAM, CNC and 3D printing.
Degrees & Certificates
- Associate in Applied Science Degree in Industrial Design Technology
- Certificate of Completion in Industrial Design Technology: SolidWorks Design Specialist
- Mastercam Industry Certificate
- SolidWorks Associate Certificate
For information about careers in your area of study, visit O*NET OnLine for detailed job descriptions, education requirements, wage and employment trend information.
Accreditation is a process used to measure and certify the credibility and quality of services offered by an organization.
GateWay is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Why should you choose an accredited school?
Although many schools offer seemingly similar degree and certification options, not all schools are accredited. In many instances, accreditation of the degree or program you complete may be required in order to become certified to work in the field.