Psychology is the scientific study of behavior and mental processes. Classes involve critical thinking, processing scientific research and understanding why people behave the way they do.
The field of psychology is a discipline that is utilized in all walks of life and in most career fields. You may be interested in psychology if you've ever wondered:
- Why using common sense doesn’t always work?
- How you could develop a better memory?
- What happens when you faint?
- Why you find some people attractive but not others?
- Why some people become serial killers?
- Why you get nervous?
- What scores on an IQ test really mean?
- How different men and women really are?
- Why you sleep and why you dream?
- Why people tend to get sick right before final exam week?
- Why identical twins aren't so identical when it comes to their personalities?
- What is thought to be the cause of personality disorders?
These are just a few of the questions that will be answered in a psychology class.
GateWay offers several different psychology courses, including PSY101 “Introduction to Psychology." This course covers a wide range of topics, introducing students to areas in life that require more in-depth study, and also serves as a prerequisite for understanding higher-level courses with a more in-depth look into areas including:
- Introduction to Psychology
- Developmental Psychology
- Psychology of Parenting
- Culture and Psychology
- Abnormal Psychology
- Psychology of Human Sexuality
- Introduction to Statistics
- Research Methods
Many psychology courses transfer as Social and Behavioral Science credits (SB) to Arizona's public four-year universities. By earning your Arizona General Education Curriculum (AGEC) with an emphasis in psychology, you will be able to easily transfer to a partner university through various programs like ASU's MAPP, NAU's Connect2NAU, UofA's MCCPA. Learn more about University Transfer.
Accreditation is a process used to measure and certify the credibility and quality of services offered by an organization.
GateWay is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Why should you choose an accredited school?
Although many schools offer seemingly similar degree and certification options, not all schools are accredited. In many instances, accreditation of the degree or program you complete may be required in order to become certified to work in the field.