Respiratory care involves the assessment, evaluation, treatment and care of people with lung and breathing problems. Diagnoses of respiratory care patients include asthma, heart conditions and chest trauma.
Registered Respiratory Therapists provide medications, treatments and therapy, in order to improve a patient's lung functionality. Job responsibilities involve:
- Operating sophisticated medical equipment
- Gaining classroom and lab experience
- Developing clinical knowledge and experience
- Showing sensitivity to the physical and psychological needs of patients
The majority of Registered Respiratory Therapists work at hospitals, but employment can also be found in home health agencies, clinics, home care delivery services and nursing homes.
The Respiratory Care program at GateWay has allocated two seats per semester for any student in the application queue that currently is or was in the military as confirmed by documentation. These slots will be filled on a first come first serve basis.
Request More Information
Associate in Applied Science in Respiratory Care: $9,951 - $13,351*
* Please note that these are only estimates and do not include books. These estimates may change based on increases to tuition, course fees and book costs. Estimates are based on the 2016-2017 tuition rates for in-county students. Additional fees may apply.
** For information about careers in your area of study, visit O*NET OnLine for detailed job descriptions, education requirements, as well as wage and employment trend information.